Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baked Opens on 18th Street

Sphere: Related Content A new bakery recently opened at 1415 18th St., wedged between Chez Papa and Chez Maman. This is the same location as another bakery which went out of business a few months ago. I sampled a cupcake that was quite yummy. Other items in the bakery looked equally good and I look forward to dropping by again. I didn't see any freshly baked bread, which would be a nice addition.

My only gripe is that the store seems to be closed half the time I walk by. If they could have more evening hours they might be able to get walk-by traffic from some of the nearby restaurants.

With the economic downturn upon us, it's probably not the best time to be opening a new retail business, but hopefully this bakery can make it. Potrero Hill definitely needs to keep these kinds of locally owned businesses going.

No comments: